One of the biggest complaints we hear from candidates is that they often do not hear back from employers and agencies post- application or even interview.
The Circle Back Initiative employers agree to the following 6 standards as a minimum.
1. Every applicant receives an application received email
Every applicant must receive an email acknowledging receipt of their application. The email receipt should not include statements such as “if you do not hear from us within “x” weeks please presume your application has been unsuccessful” or “Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted”
2. Every unsuccessful application receives an outcome email, sms or other written communication.
Not hearing back on a job application is one of the biggest complaints from applicants. Our guiding standard is that every applicant receives an outcome email, SMS or Whatsapp message or other written communication as a minimum.
3. Every candidate online assessed or phone interviewed receives an outcome email, SMS or other written communication
Every candidate who is phone interviewed or completes an online assessment prior to an interview or completes an asynchronous video interview should receive an outcome email, SMS or Whatsapp message or other written communication as a minimum.
4. Every candidate interviewed face to face or via live video must be provided with a verbal outcome / feedback. For bulk / high volume recruitment only, a written outcome/ feedback can be provided as an alternative.
Every candidate who attends a face to face or live video interview must receive a verbal outcome / feedback, be that a phone or video call. However an outcome / feedback email or other written communication is an acceptable alternative only when recruiting high / bulk volumes of the same role type and when the candidate has been made aware at, or prior, to interview, that a written outcome / feedback will be provided.
5. Job adverts do not include the following statements
Jobs adverts to not contain statements such as “only shortlist candidates / successful candidates will be contacted”
6. Communicating your commitment to candidates
Either job adverts or application acknowledgement emails (ideally both) include either the Circle Back Initiative commitment statement (We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to respond to every applicant), the CBI logo, or your own commitment statement that you will respond to every applicant.
Committing to respond
to every applicant
THE CIRCLE BACK INITIATIVE BY TALENTRICH
©2022 BY THE CIRCLE BACK INITIATIVE